I use various assessment tools in coaching to increase my understanding of the executives and leaders I coach.
Assessments benefit my clients in the following ways:
- Provide the individual with self awareness
- Give the individual insight into relationship with others
- Afford the individual understanding of impact on other people
Assessments can be used to:
- Gather data and information from various sources
- Assist the client in expanding perspective (self awareness and perceptions of others)
- Clarify “life purpose” and “core values”
- Determine the competencies for success
- Identify unique talents and developmental challenges
- Surface “blind spots” and facilitate taking informed action
Before I use any assessment I ask myself:
- What is the question I want this assessment to answer?
- How does this assessment move the client towards greater understanding and awareness in reaching coaching goals?